[Dxspider-support] Spider-Web docs

Ian J Maude ian at gb7mbc.net
Tue May 21 20:46:46 BST 2002

Hi all,
I have only just got my links back due to link and routing problems, so
apologies for the absence.  I have not got my development cluster back
on line as yet so I am posting this to the list to help until I can
commit it to cvs.
This is the latest (and working) documentation for the spider web
interface from Ian M0AZM.

Spider-WEB v0.6b

Completely based on a clx web client written in Java by dl6dbh
(ftp://clx.muc.de/pub/clx/clx-java_10130001.tgz)

The webserver has to run on the same machine as your DxSpider software!

Installation instructions (Performed as root):

Put all the files in the spider-web directory into a newly created
directory
under the DocumentRoot of your websever for instance 'client'. In my
case
this is:  /var/www/html/client/

Move spider.cgi to the cgi-bin directory of your webserver, in my case
that is
/var/www/cgi-bin/

Change the permissions of the files to ensure they are correct :

chmod 755 /var/www/cgi-bin/spider.cgi
chmod -R 755 /var/www/html/client/

By default the spider.cgi script should pick up your hostname (As long
as this
is set correctly).  If it does not or your hostname differs from the
name that
you attach to the public address that you are using, then edit
spider.cgi :

# Uncomment and set the hostname manually here if the above fails.
# $HOSTNAME = "gb7mbc.spoo.org" ;
$PORT = "8000" ;

'HOSTNAME' is the hostname of your cluster.

'PORT' is the portnumber that you use to connect to your DxSpider via
telnet (see Listeners.pm)

You now can connect to Spider-Web via
http://yourserver/cgi-bin/spider.cgi

I hope this helps you all who are interested in running the Interface.
Ian

 Ian Maude G0VGS Morecambe Lancs UK | ian at gb7mbc.net
 Sysop of GB7MBC, the Morecambe Bay Cluster
 Running Linux and DXSpider