[Dxspider-support] FW: Spider Performance & Bug with >= 10 GHz Spots from AK1A nodes

Andy Cook, G4PIQ g4piq at btinternet.com
Tue May 21 23:14:53 BST 2002

I reported that PC11s from AK1A nodes with frequencies of 10 GHz and above
were being dumped in spider a week or so back. Have just updated to the
latest CVS version and the problem remains so that is a definite bug.

As a seperate issue. I have some concerns over the performance which we're
seeing on GB7MRS. It's not a very fast or big machine (233 MHz Pentium with
128 Mb RAM I think) running Red Hat 6.0. However, a query like a sh/dx which
has to go some way back in the archive is about 10 times slower on MRS than
it is on GB7DJK - not that I'm sure what Dirk's running.

Any particular performance improving tips which folks could suggest.

Andy, G4PIQ