[Dxspider-support] Console on TTY-7

Ian J Maude ian at gb7mbc.net
Sun Nov 3 10:05:23 GMT 2002

On Sun, 2002-11-03 at 01:43, Bill & Chris Shell wrote:
> Bob,
> Thanks, that worked.  How do you go back to KDE after going to Ctrl-Alt-f8?
> I'm using Mandrake v9.0, and tty7 isn't being used.  I just didn't know how
> to get to it.
> 73,Bill

Hi Bill,
X windows _should_ take the next available tty if you use tty7 (ie 8)
To move between X and the standard linux console you do the following.

To move _from_ X you use Control-Alt and the F key you wish to move to.
You will have about 7 to choose from.  To move back to X you use ALt and
the F-key that X is on.  Either F7 or F8 depending.

I hope this helps.
Ian