[Dxspider-support] Changing the Quantity Of Data

Ian J Maude ian at gb7mbc.net
Tue Sep 17 20:04:23 BST 2002

On Tue, 2002-09-17 at 14:20, Anthony Cioffi wrote:
> Hi,
>
>     I am using a windows based system.  How can I changed the amount of
> data that is shown when one issues a command.  For example,
>
> "sh/dx" yields 10 spots of data.  Lets say I want it to show 25 spots
> with the command.
> "L" yields 10 pieces of mail.  How do I change it to show 25 pieces of
> mail.
Hi Tony,
You can certainly change the amount of dxspots.  You will find the info
in the administration manual.  It is a file in the scripts directory
called startup.
I am not sure you can change mail as yet though, however.  This will
only set the Maximum that can be seen, that is, the maximum that can be
asked for.  If you want to see 25 dx spots simply extend the dx command
like this ...

sh/dx/25 on 6m

or similar, the same works for mail ...

dir/25

I hope this does what you want.
Ian

 Ian Maude G0VGS Morecambe Lancs UK | ian at gb7mbc.net
 Sysop of GB7MBC, the Morecambe Bay Cluster
 Running Linux and DXSpider

 Find out about Summits on the Air!
 Visit the SOTA web site at http://www.sota.org.uk