[Dxspider-support] If there is a "Wish List"

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Sat Sep 21 21:34:41 BST 2002

On Sat, 2002-09-21 at 17:15, Filip Jonckers wrote:
> > > Would be nice if SHow/NODES could give a list of nodes that
> > you have
> > > put
> > > in, and
> > > what kind of a node (ar, ak1a, spider, etc) it is.
> > > SHow/NODES AR     all the ar nodes
> > > SHow/NODES AK1A all the ak1a nodes      etc, etc, etc
> > >

> > This could be done, but is it really interesting? I can't
> > remember the last time I did a SH/NODES. Afterall, getting
> > upwards of a 1000 nodes on-line the result is  information overload.
>
> Dirk,
>
> what would be a nice-to-have is the SH/NODE output showing also
> the not connected nodes that have been defined.
> example:
> I have 10 partner nodes defined (with set/clx set/spider ...)
> but only 7 are always connected..
> I only see the 7 connected, but not the other nodes
> (if I even remember them)

sh/node all

But, be warned it will show you *ALL* the nodes, I have about 1000
defined here (hint: every PC19 has nodes in it).

> or if you made a typing error in a call with the set/spider command ..
> you can also see then which nodes are connected and which are not (link
> problems..)
>

> btw... Do you have a document explaining the client protocol ?
> I assume it's the protocol that console.pl is using ?
> I want to link a database to the cluster - this would be the way to do
> it - instead of a "stupid" telnet connection.

There is no document but it is very simple, if you subclass the
IntMsg.pm thing you can't really go far wrong, but I *could* document
it. Thing is, it is just a framed version of a telnet session so it
doesn't really help you.

You may wish to send node protocol down it...