[Dxspider-support] Users

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Fri Sep 27 00:39:48 BST 2002

You are probably trying to connect as your alias and you already are
connected as that at home.

You cannot have a node call exactly the same as a user call (hence the
-1), similarly you cannot connect twice to the same node with exctly the
same callsign (so you could connect remotely as -2, for instance).

Currently the software will consider you as a completely different (and
new) person. This may change to a limited extent, but it is unlikely
that the basic restriction will be lifted.

BTW if you login remotely and there is no password set, then you will
always come in as an ordinary (not sysop) user. In order to use any
sysop privileges that you may give yourself (when you are at home) on
the (say) -2 ssid, you must also give yourself a password.

Dirk G1TLH