[Dxspider-support] PERL Modules

Dave Court EI3IO at connogue.com
Sat Apr 12 01:17:27 BST 2003

Hi All
My first posting - I'm a new user of DXSpider but have been using
other cluster node software for about 18 months. I'm using Windows OS
and have run into problems with PERL. I have an old version of PERL
as described below:

"This is perl, v5.6.1 built for MSWin32-x86-multi-thread

Copyright 1987-2001, Larry Wall

Binary build 629 provided by ActiveState Tool Corp.
http://www.ActiveState.com
Built 12:27:04 Aug 20 2001"

To this I added the ppd modules referenced in the installation
text and I have two very nice cluster nodes running on Wndows 98SE and
XP Pro. I use XP to configure databases etc and then copy them across
my LAN to the WIN98SE box on which the 'real' cluster sits.

The problem is this. I have tried to install the SH/DXQSL database
using the PERL plug in - storable.ppd. This installed fine on the XP
machine but produces installation errors on the 98SE machine.
Another PPD file (log-agent.ppd) obtained from the same source would
not install at all and is apparently not of the same vintage as my PERL
binary build.

Does anyone have copies of PERL ppd modules needed for DXSpider (recent
and future deveopments) that will work with my PERL version on the
WIN98SE OS? If so I would be grateful if they could be attached to an Email.

Seems to be great software. Sorry I'm not a LINUX convert - yet!

73s Dave

--
This Email comes from Dave Court - EI3IO, G3SDL, OZ3SDL
QTH (Grid) Locator - IO63WF