[Dxspider-support] PERL Modules

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Sat Apr 12 18:53:20 BST 2003

Try perl 5.6.1 build 635 from the download area on activestate. I
believe this has Storable built in. You do seem to have to load the
DB_File.ppd though (and it complains as well but still seems to work).

In general it is a bad plan to move DB_File databases from one machine
to another ESPECIALLY if you are using different versions of perl.
DB_Files are notoriously incompatible from version to version and perl
vendors silently change DB_File versions between releases.

This is why it is always possible to rebuild DB_Files like the users
file or DXQSL from the source or dumped ascii data.

Dirk

--
Please Note: Some Quantum Physics Theories Suggest That When the
Consumer Is Not Directly Observing This Product, It May Cease to