[Dxspider-support] After Reconfigure

Colin Harris chedward at tiscali.co.uk
Mon Dec 29 12:07:35 GMT 2003

Hi all,
              For those interested GB7PDX is closing on 31st Dec. due to
loss of local link packet node.

Hopefully this should re-emerge as GB7NHT being run by a different sysop at
a different location but with all the changes and reconfiguration of the
ax25 / netrom plus the cluster info I have run into a slight glitch with
Spider. I've seen this mentioned before ( or similar ) but cannot remember
the solution.

Error is :-

IO : : Socket : : INET; bad Hostname ' localhost : 27754
MSG : : new_server ('int msg', ' localhost ', 27754, 'CODE (0x896325c)')
called at
./cluster.pl line 432

Could not create socket : resource temporarily unavailable

Cluster doesn't run of course. As this machine was the old cluster machine
of GB7ORH
I decided it was easiest to start afresh so a complete install was done but
the currently installed CPAN modules were left as is on the assumption they
didn't need changing.

Have I missed something ?

Spider version installed is 1.51-57.245 and the usual Spider install routine
was strictly adhered to. The cluster port and node ports are actually 7400
and 7300 respectively ( 7300 is working fine .7400 untested until I get
Spider fired up successfully.

- Regards Colin