[Dxspider-support] Problems with command " dx by "

Tommy Johansson sm3osm at telia.com
Mon Dec 29 23:41:25 GMT 2003

|    Hi Dirk and Others

Hi everyone,

Some short comments...

| I don't have so much to add on comments from college sysops .
|
| - DX BY
|    I propose to remove "dx by"  .I see no need for it.

No not too much need for it, either remove of high privilege.

| - NEW RELEASE
| >> I shall be incorporating all the various patches that I have received
| >> from various people and then doing a full release.
|   Dirk, I am still on 51.242 because the remote database command was not
|   working any more wih 51.253 .Will it be repaired ?

I just found out there was a remote database command ;-) Have only used remote
command for that. Maybe you can try something like that in the meantime? This
is /spider/local_cmd/show/144.pl at sm3osm-6:

#!/usr/bin/perl
my $self = shift;
my $vhfcall = shift;
my $line = "sh/144 $vhfcall";
my $call = "sk3gw-6";
$call = uc $call;
my $noderef = Route::Node::get($call);
return(1, $self->msg('e7',$call)) unless $noderef;
DXProt::addrcmd($self, $call, $line);
return(1, $self->msg('rcmdo', $line, $call));

It is for the vhf database (by DL8EBW). It will send commands like show/144 <call or locator>
to sk3gw-6.

| - TALK
|    The main goal of the cluster is DX,not talk,not ann !.
|    Talk on local cluster satisfies most needs  here .
|    The extra traffic needed for wwtalk will help to brake down rf-links even out of a
|    contestweekend  .Not all links are via internet !

That is why we have played alittle with route filter and isolate on some nodes here.
The show/ne list has only nodes from SM, OH, LA and OZ. Not too much node/user
update traffic and talk usually works (at least within SM and OH). But maybe thats
not the best way to do it. I dont see too much use for keeping all that state information.
Some way for commands like sh/c to query neighbouring nodes for user information would
be nice though. Or just keeping info updated for neighbours or nodes X hops away.
Always nice to see who is online nextdoor too.

The new chat command could be a great way for talk and chat. Not used too much yet
though.

73s and HNY
Tommy SM3OSM