[Dxspider-support] Problems with command " dx by "

Bill Shell n6ws at charter.net
Mon Dec 29 21:47:42 GMT 2003

Hi Everyone, and Happy New Year,

To address the DX BY topic:
I had two active DXers (husband & wife) that checked into my W6TK-6 that
were the only local users of the command.  The couple no longer use that
node, but there may be others that are in the same situation where DX
announced may be desired to show an originator other than the AX25
connection callsign.  PacketCluster uses the SET/ALIAS and SWITCH
commands to allow a link to support a second callsign.  The issuance of
SWITCH toggles between the two callsigns.

 From AK1A Help:
Command: SWITCH   This command switches your connection between your
normal call and an alias call that you have specified with a SET/ALIAS
command.

If DX BY is removed there may be others that desire the ability to send
DX spots from a second callsign, and we have inhibited their
capability.  In lieu of DX BY, would it be possible to implement a
method of providing an alias which can be used for DX Spots,
Announcements, etc?

73, Bill
N6WS