[Dxspider-support] upcoming release

Hank Kohl K8DD k8dd at arrl.net
Wed Dec 31 04:35:18 GMT 2003

At 12/30/2003 04:38 PM, Dirk Koopman wrote:

>If there is any new or missing documentation that you want to contribute
>or some really annoying bug, now is the time to speak...

Not necessarily bugs, but .....

1.  The K2SC plan for New Mail announcements
   "K2SC de W4QB  4-Jun-2003 1856Z (New Mail) >"  and  "***New Mail***"
every 10 minutes later until it's read would be great for those who actually
use the mail feature.

2.  DX and WWV spot output from SH/DX and SH/WWV come out with the
newest spot on the top of the list.  DIR (or List) and SH/LOG come out with
the newest entry on the bottom.
Since everything normally scrolls down the screen, I'd like to see SH/DX and
SH/WWV scroll down the screen with the newest on the bottom.

3.  DX BY as a privileged operation for those who really have a need for
it.  And
maybe the ability of the SysOp to enable it (as opposed to disable it).

4.  SH/Configuration .... I like this for the nodes around me in MI and OH and
don't see a whole lot of need to see the world (I do have filters set up to
eliminate any information from nodes not in North America).

5.  There was mention of dial-up and clogging.  Take away, or very severely
hop limit the ANN/F!  Kill off the PC50's.  Give me the ability to refuse to
accept any mail that is not in English.  And my node is on a dial-up.

6.  In the "Bells and Whistles" .... DXBEEP - single beep. TALKBEEP - two
beeps sent to the users.

And 7.  I agree with Charlie about Windows .... I run Windows and help keep
another Windows based Spider node running.

So there's my 2 cents

73    Hank    K8DD