[Dxspider-support] Long comment fields

Kelly Jones kjones at sullivan1.com
Sun Feb 9 03:53:51 GMT 2003

Hi Dirk, et al...

Something I've noticed about Spider is that it allows long comment
fields.  This creates a problem for applications that "scrape" information
since the timestamp is not where it's expected to be.

Is there a reason to allow more than 30 characters in the comment
field?  Just curious.  Has this issue been discussed before?  If it's
something that could be implemented without objection, that would be
great.  If there is a reason to have long fields, would it be possible to
point me to the file where the comment field is created and I could do it
locally.

Discussion?

Thanks for consideration,

Kelly - KE9KD