[Dxspider-support] Strange Questions

Luiz Catalan catalan at lnx.lfc.mat.br
Sat Feb 8 16:47:27 GMT 2003

On Sat, 8 Feb 2003, William Liporace - NA2NA wrote:

Hello Will,

> I am learning to hate Microsoft Win2K server (too many security patches) and
> I am not a Linux guru..... I do happen to know quite a bit about NetWare.

You dont have to be a guru in order to have a plain linux running :) even
with a cd and nothing in your HD you can play it a lot.

> My question is: Since NetWare allows Apache WEB Server, Perl and Telnet (on
> what ever ports I decide), What are the chances of getting DXSpider to run
> on it? (I know guys... slim and non) The only item that I have no clue is
> how to allow an RF port? I have no clue here.

Seems to me that Netware has not an ax25 ready kernel. This way, maybe the
spider itself can start under the perl, but Dirk is the guru about the
relationship kernel <-> ax25 <-> spider ...

> One idea is to have a second machine just for RF, but too me that is a waste
> of PC power.  See what happens when  you start playing with this stuff at
> work...

Yes, it's a waste of resources, but maybe the only way to get what you
want.

> 73 Will

73 de Luiz - PP5AQ