[Dxspider-support] Hiding users

Brendan Minish ei6iz at newsguy.com
Sun Feb 9 20:28:23 GMT 2003

Is there a way I can Hide user(s) from appearing on the connected users list ?
Any suggestions as to how I can restrict a users spots and ann from getting
forwarded to the rest of the cluster system but still have them appear
locally ?

these may seem strange questions but I have legitimate need of these features!

1/ I have a couple of local SWLs who have enquired about connecting to the
cluster by telnet, if I give them the call like SWL and set/badspotter swl
that should prevent them accidentally spotting anything but I would also
like to hide them from the propagated user list. Or should I not allow this
at all?

2/ I will shortly be assisting (by providing cluster access) the debugging
of the cluster features of  some logging software . It would be nice to be
able to allow the authors to spot locally but not actually propagate these
spots. I can do what we need by setting up another cluster and using
filters between them but there may be an easier way ?

73
Brendan