[Dxspider-support] DB_File (for Windows users)

Iain Philipps iain.philipps at sms.xerox.com
Tue Feb 11 09:29:09 GMT 2003

Folks,

I have discussed this matter with the author of DB_File, and he tells me
that this "problem" looks to be entirely of ActiveState's making.

Unfortunately, he doesn't offer a pre-compiled version for Windows use, and
doesn't know of anyone else who does.

The way forwards will be to try a "clean" install using an older version of
DB_File (which I have on a machine at home). I'll do this tomorrow and feed
back the results. If it works, then I can make the package available.

While I'm about it, I might just try and document what will be necessary to
make Spider work on Windows with Perl 5.8.0 (if it is indeed possible at all
...)

Regards     -     Iain