[Dxspider-support] CPU usage

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Fri Feb 14 12:04:25 GMT 2003

What CPU have you got?

That CPU usage seems very similar to my CVSlatest.tgz build on GB7DJK (I
have made further changes in the experimental stuff I am (slowly)
working on, which has reduced it). I am using just a 500Mhz Celeron.

It isn't an unexpected amount of CPU usage. And actually at its peak
only represents 20% (on the 12 sec peaks).

I have found that the CPU usage is directly proportional to the number
of spots being sent and the number of users on-line to my node.

It is an interpreter, I do (and have) made efficiency changes but it is
never going to use the sort of (lack of) CPU time that a pure C program
will.

Dirk