[Dxspider-support] CPU usage

Kjell Jarl k-jarl at algonet.se
Fri Feb 14 14:42:21 GMT 2003

Hi,
What pussled me was that the amount of CPU usage changed after restart of dxspider. I initially had slow response when I installed another 64 MB (total 128) RAM, I then thought I had problems with my hardware.

To me, it seems that it is the lookup of dxcc country on incomming PC16:s that consumes resources. It is currently faster (less than one second) compared to 2 seconds lateley, and 3-4 seconds when I discovered it with 128 MB RAM one week ago.

Spots does not seem to use the CPU much.

Currently it is not an issue.

I run Intel MMX225 MHz, 64 MB. Build .191 of dxspider, RH7.1 kernel 2.4.18.

73
Kjell