[Dxspider-support] QRZ.com suggestion

Tommy Johansson sm3osm at telia.com
Sun Feb 23 18:52:52 GMT 2003

Hi Colin,

| Noted the discourse on qrz.com lately but all this is fine
| for those users having direct access to an internet node. We
| , and probably many others , don't. Our access is via a
| packet link to an internet connected node so we cannot use
| sh/qrz locally ( except by rcmd from the sysop terminal ).

We had the same problem here at a node without internet access. I put this little command in /spider/local_cmd/show. When sh/qrz is used there it will send a rcmd (without the priv checking) to sk3gw-6, which has inet access. It would look something like this (guess it could be improved though):

#!/usr/bin/perl
my $self = shift;
my $call = shift;
my $line = "sh/qrz $call";
my $node = "sk3gw-6";
$node = uc $node;
my $noderef = Route::Node::get($node);
return(1, $self->msg('e7',$node)) unless $noderef;
DXProt::addrcmd($self, $node, $line);
return(1, $self->msg('rcmdo', $line, $node));

73s de Tommy SM3OSM