[Dxspider-support] Spider & X login.

Colin Harris charis.g3orh at virgin.net
Fri Feb 28 10:51:58 GMT 2003

Hi all,
          Can someone confirm or point the way please.
Establishing a standby cluster under KDE. AX25 loaded under
runlevel 5 not 3 and that's ok. Cluster set to respawn in
innitab using DX:5: not DX:3: and that works. Problems are
these.
1) Unable to netrom connect to cluster ( but can to
Linuxnode)

( Note *  As currently unable to netrom connect am using
listeners.pm using an alias in LinuxNode called DX which
instructs "telnet 127.0.0.1 <portnum>" I use 127.0.0.1 as I
don't want my ethernet addresses showing up with a "who"
command and this works just fine EXCEPT for:-

2) On a user sending DX to connect , he does not get the
login prompt  ( I do locally via my ethernet ). The
connection is only recognised AFTER he has entered his
callsign. when he then gets the prompt login g3??? ( call
letters struck out by me ).

It looks like he has to send his callsign before the login
is sent. We tried just a simple <ret> but it returns
"Invalid callsign".
Could be there's a missing carriage return or line feed
preventing the login prompt from being sent ?  I tried both
telnet and netrom + alias connections here over the ethernet
and get the login prompt using both methods but he doesn't.
( we did allow extra time for the login to be sent ).

System P 150 , 190 Mb ram Redhat 6.1 DXS Build 57.191 .
Spider loaded in tty7 before kde starts

- Regards Colin