[Dxspider-support] Java Client

Rene Olsen rene_olsen at post3.tele.dk
Wed Jan 1 16:38:44 GMT 2003

Hi William.

> OK, What ever happened broke my WEB Server!!  I did as you said.  I copied the
> CLASS and JAVA files from the SPIDER\SPIDER-WEB to the APACHE2\HTDOCS\CLIENT
> directories. Now all I get is the following error : "Exception:
> java.lang.ClassFormatError: spiderclient (illegal constant pool type)" This is
> on a machine that does have Java installed.  On a XP system with out java, it
> does not give you the error. It is just blank.
>
> Any ideas??

I am the one who made the changes to the WEB client, and I have no idea what should
have caused the error you report. All I can say is to go back to what you have.

The changes I have made is working at OZ5BBS-7, ED7ZAB-5 and GB7MBC at least.
All running linux though. I can only test what I do on a linux system, since I have no
system running spider on a windows box available.

Sri that I can't help you out, but going back to the old files should at least get you back
where you were.

Vy 73 de Rene / OZ1LQH