[Dxspider-support] Java Client (More on this)

William Liporace - NA2NA na2na at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 2 00:02:14 GMT 2003

Hi Folks,
Recompiling this seems to have helped.  But there are some very different
things happening. My XP system with out Sun Java is no longer able to log in
to my system. Personally this is not acceptable. I do not think it should be
required to use special software!!

During recompiling the spiderclient.java, iwas also asked to use
the -depreciation switch. This is what I got:
C:\java>c:\j2sdk1.4.1_01\bin\javac spiderclient.java
Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
Note: Recompile with -deprecation for details.

C:\java>c:\j2sdk1.4.1_01\bin\javac -deprecation spiderclient.java
spiderclient.java:13: warning: resize(int,int) in java.awt.Component has
been de
precated
                cf.resize(800,600);
                  ^
spiderclient.java:35: warning: resize(int,int) in java.awt.Component has
been de
precated
                cf.resize(655, 380);
                  ^
spiderclient.java:104: warning: readLine() in java.io.DataInputStream has
been d
eprecated
                        line = in.readLine();
                                 ^
3 warnings

OK, Who knows what this means and how to fix both of the issues from above??

TNX Will