[Dxspider-support] Bug or feature?

Luiz Catalan catalan at lnx.lfc.mat.br
Tue Jan 7 21:52:37 GMT 2003

Hello all,

running DXSpider V1.50 build 57.052

I´ve received complains from a few users regarding the command announce
and during a time we were unable to define precisely what was happening.
Now seems clear, but I dont know if it´s a bug or feature :) ...
Suppose you send to the cluster a cmd like:

ann test -> works ok, but if you repeat it, there is back the message
"Sorry, this is a duplicate" and the announcement is not done. Otherwise,
if you send:
ann new test -> again, works ok, but no repetions allowed (with the same
error message).

The text itself is not relevant, happens always you try an ann with the
same text.

In doubt regarding my install, I´ve tried in two more clusters, and the
same thing happened. Is this normal? is it supposed to be this way, to
avoid the same announcement again? is there a way to supress this
restriction?

73 es tks for any answer,
Luiz - PP5AQ