[Dxspider-support] More about routing.

George Lloyd g.lloyd at btinternet.com
Sun Jan 19 12:18:00 GMT 2003

On Sunday 19 January 2003 11:41 am, you wrote:

> Forgive me George but it isn't snide (HNY BTW) and, as you have users,
> not directed at you either. Having one user is just fine. I am taking
> about the nodes that have NO users for significant periods of time.

I was not suggesting it was aimed at me but my point still stands. So what if
some nodes don't have users all the time , they are just as important to
those users who do only log on from time to time. Those SysOps should be
applauded for keeping their nodes running with such low usage.

> The majority of sysops don't understand how the system works. A very few
> of these, mistakenly, think that they will miss out on stuff if they are
> not in the world's SH/C/N list. It is, somehow, important to them. As a
> result *I* get complaints.

Well of course it's important to them, why should the same information not be
available to them and their users  as other nodes? Why should any node be
excluded from anything based on it's usage?

As for understanding how things work - That is down to lack of CLEAR
information more than anything else. For instance where is a list of what the
PC's are? From what I read it's always assumed that everybody is an expert
and that is clearly not the case.

--
G.B. Lloyd
g.lloyd at essexpkt.co.uk