[Dxspider-support] More about routing.

Ian J Maude ian at gb7mbc.net
Sun Jan 19 14:20:18 GMT 2003

On Sun, 2003-01-19 at 11:18, George Lloyd wrote:

> As for understanding how things work - That is down to lack of CLEAR
> information more than anything else. For instance where is a list of what the
> PC's are? From what I read it's always assumed that everybody is an expert
> and that is clearly not the case.
Hi George and HNY,
For a start the list of PC protocol frames is available on the Spider
website.  However, the problem here is not the understanding of the
protocol.  The problem is that some sysops (a substantial number
actually) set up a cluster, connect to the world and NEVER monitor it or
update it.  This has been the case for some time and is one of the
reasons that some old info has been floating around the network for
about 12 months!
I am interested in the last phrase above also.  Where are you reading
where this is assumed?  I need to make the manuals as simple as I can to
allow people to get Spider running, however, some effort has to be put
in by the person who wishes to run the cluster.  This is the same for
anything.  There is plenty of information about for those who want to
read it.  As for understanding, there are forums such as the spider
mailing list that are there to help should anybody wish it.
Ian

 Ian Maude G0VGS Morecambe Lancs UK | ian at gb7mbc.net
 Sysop of GB7MBC, the Morecambe Bay Cluster
 Running Linux and DXSpider

 Find out about Summits on the Air!
 Visit the SOTA web site at http://www.sota.org.uk