[Dxspider-support] [CVS users] SH/C change

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Mon Jan 20 15:58:25 GMT 2003

On Mon, 2003-01-20 at 15:05, Arnold (pa4ab) wrote:
> On 20 Jan 2003 13:44:37 +0000
> Dirk Koopman <djk at tobit.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > Just for your information in case you do a SH/C and are wondering where
> > all your nodes have gone.
> >
> > SH/C will (as default) now only show the nodes in your country. This is
> > to stop large quantities of network bandwidth being wasted on lists
> > containing 300+ nodes and all their users.
>
> Dirk,
>
> Is it correct that the output of SH/C depends on the callsign that you
> used to enter in Spider?
>
> I have a Spider called EA1CYZ-14
>
> If I enter as EA1CYZ I see all the Spanish nodes
> If I enter as PA4AB I see all the Dutch nodes
> If I enter as G0VGS (Sorry Ian:-) I see all the G nodes.
>
> Is this intended this way?

Ah, you spotted the deliberate feature.

This comes of writing down the first thing that comes into your head. It
is now changed so that the nodes 'country' is used instead of the user's
'country'.

Note that: SH/C E

will still show all nodes' configurations whose callsign starts with 'E'

Please Note: Some Quantum Physics Theories Suggest That When the
Consumer Is Not Directly Observing This Product, It May Cease to
Exist or Will Exist Only in a Vague and Undetermined State.