[Dxspider-support] Large user_asc.* files?

Henk Remijn hremijn at zeelandnet.nl
Sun Jan 26 10:44:00 GMT 2003

Dirk,

I noticed that diskspace had disappeared of the cluster machine. Every
sundaymorning at 00:05Z the user file is exported to user_asc. Old copies
are archived as well.
I assume there is a reason for the export, but this gives me 2 problems.

- The exported files are >1GB, which in my case, with a 4GB harddisk I have
a problem within 2 weeks.
- During the export the cluster stops, and resumes after the export, only
the export takes a couple of hours.

Is it possible to cleanup the user database or is there another way to not
let the filesystems fill up. (Now I delete the user_asc.* files every week,
but this is not the solution).
Smaller export files?

Is it normal that the export takes so long? Do other people notice the same
thing? If not, it might be related to the hardware platform I use (RS/6000
with aix 4.3.3).
In that case, it would be nice that this export is done on another day, f.i.
monday morning at 2Z or so? Then usually my users are sleeping

73 Henk PA5KT