[Dxspider-support] Large user_asc.* files?

Rene Olsen rene_olsen at post3.tele.dk
Sun Jan 26 13:35:40 GMT 2003

Hi Henk.

> I noticed that diskspace had disappeared of the cluster machine. Every
> sundaymorning at 00:05Z the user file is exported to user_asc. Old copies
> are archived as well.
> I assume there is a reason for the export, but this gives me 2 problems.
>
> - The exported files are >1GB, which in my case, with a 4GB harddisk I have a
> problem within 2 weeks. - During the export the cluster stops, and resumes
> after the export, only the export takes a couple of hours.

If the files is larger than 1GB there is really something wrong. Just checked my files and
my users.v2 is a little over 6MB and the user_asc files are about 3,5MB. I had the same
problem as you at one point. My file got about 700MB big. The way I solved it was to
use one of the older user_asc.o*** files and importet that into spider. Then all was fine
again.

It is described in one of the FAQ files how to do that.

If all your user_asc.* files are >1GB I don't know how to clean it up. I am sure that Dirk
can give you a hint on that.

Vy 73 de Rene / OZ1LQH