[Dxspider-support] Disconnects

charlie carroll k1xx at ptcnh.net
Mon Jan 27 22:27:52 GMT 2003

Ian:
A default DXSpider installation sends a ping every 5 minutes and
disconnects if 2 ping responses are missed, a total of 10 minutes.

I found while trying to determine the source of disconnets that better
values might be something on the order of 2 minutes between pings and an
obscount of 5 instead of 2.  There's was nothing magic about the values
that I used; I did, however, want to still maintain a total time of
about 10 minutes before a disconnect would occur.

You might try the same values and see what happens.  Use the commands:
set/pinginterval 120 <callsign of other node>
set/obscount 5 <callsign of other node>

DXSpider has a "links" command which shows the RTT on each of your
links.  I have modified my links command to show the Ping interval and
Obscount for each of my node links. This will allow you to see the
Obscount value as it changes due to pings being received and/or missed.
If you want, I'll send you a copy of the file.  Contact me off the mail
reflector.

73 charlie, k1xx