[Dxspider-support] Re: Can't enable password prompting on telnet

Robert Chalmas rchalmas at users.ch
Thu Jul 3 13:15:13 BST 2003

Hi Dirk and Fulvio,

Thank you so much for your answers !

Both of you had the right idea: on the Debian installation, I used the
method described in the installation manual, section 4.2 (editing /etc/services
and /etc/inetd.conf), and for the 2 other installations I used the method
from section 4.3 (Listeners.pm; for the XP install I had no choice).
I don't know why I did something different on one Linux installation...

Now I saw the warning in the installation manual, section 4.2 ("Note, you will
not get a password login"), but may I suggest that a similar warning would
be a good thing also in the section 9.2 of the admin manual ?

Greetings, and thank you Dirk for this outstanding software !

Robert - HB9BZA

--
Robert CHALMAS, PO Box 1225, CH-1227 Carouge/GE, SWITZERLAND
    email:        rchalmas at users.ch    AX-25: HB9BZA @ HB9IAP