[Dxspider-support] Replace BPQ Switch

Colin Harris chedward at tiscali.co.uk
Mon Jun 2 07:01:55 BST 2003

Just a suggestion Bill. Our Cluster group in S/W England
tried to find suitable info for using DRSI cards with Linux
but failed. Instead we obtained a couple of single port
serial cards to insert into the linux box. This gave us 4
serial ports though you could add dual port cards.  Our
experience was that the DRSI cards , being very old now ,
were intermittently unreliable.

I've not run X1J so can't answer that query though I thought
X1J remote nodes usually run from internal kiss eproms.

- Regards Colin ( GB7PDX )