[Dxspider-support] Console.PL

Colin Harris charis.g3orh at virgin.net
Mon Mar 17 09:29:34 GMT 2003

For Dirk or Iain really ,

I decided I wanted some different color_pairs. Two were
required for my own preference. Effectively these were
yellow on Red and Cyan on Red.

To achieve this I changed the color pairs 12 and 14 where
they were initialised in console.PL and refelected the
changes in Console.PM in the Local directory. My question is
, How do I best protect perl / console.PL from being over
written during upgrades so that I can retain my two chosen
color_pairs but still retain integrety with updates.
 Should any apply to console.PL ).

Reason for change ?  I remember well the UK hurricane of '87
as I lost a mast , 5 vhf / uhf antenna's and 200 feet of
fencing. I wanted a WX warning announcement to stand out
 hence Yellow on Red ).

- Regards Colin