[Dxspider-support] ann/<group>

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Wed Mar 26 21:11:09 GMT 2003

Colin

AFAIK this is 'standard' AK1A. I think what happens is that you create a
normal distro (a popular one seems to be FOC) as FOC.LST in the distro
directory. You then fill that file with callsigns of 'members'. When
PC12 comes by with 'FOC.LST' in field 4 (counting PC12 as 0), that
announce pops out on the 'members' consoles.

To send an announce you do ANN/FOC (in this case).

As to what release this was in, is a different question. But the
protocol does have this provision and AFAIK it is not a PDQ special (and
I fully expect to be *told* if I am wrong :-).

Dirk