[Dxspider-support] Sendmail problem

Jose Ng Lee hp2cwb at cwpanama.net
Thu May 8 03:39:50 BST 2003

Hi,

This problem I have is not directly related to DXSPIDER.

Recently, I installed DXSPIDER for LINUX and is currently working fine in my
LINUX REDHAT 8.0 installation.  But, later I realized that my SENDMAIL was
not working anymore.

When I started SENDMAIL, I got the following error:

[root at hp2cwb init.d]# ./sendmail start
Starting sendmail: 451 4.0.0 /etc/mail/sendmail.cf: line 95: fileclass:
cannot o
pen '/etc/mail/local-host-names': Group writable directory
451 4.0.0 /etc/mail/sendmail.cf: line 570: fileclass: cannot open
'/etc/mail/tru
sted-users': Group writable directory
FAILED]
[root at hp2cwb init.d]#

I tried 'chmod g-w /etc/mail/local-host-names' and 'chmod g-w
/etc/mail/trusted-users' but still get the error.  Also tried,  in the
sendmail.mc file:
define(`confDONT_BLAME_SENDMAIL',`IncludeFileInGroupWritableDirPath') but
with no luck.

Before installing DXSPIDER for LINUX, My SENDMAIL was working fine.  Somehow
during DXSPIDER installation, I messed with the permissions of the files and
now is not working.

Maybe, the following steps in the Installation web on-line instructions
caused me this permision problems:

# chown -R sysop.spider spider
# find . -type d -exec chmod 2775 {} \;
# find . -type f -exec chmod 775 {} \;

Does anyone experienced this SENDMAIL problem?  Or anyone knows how to solve
it?  I am not an expert in LINUX.

Thanks,

JOSE / HP2CWB