[Dxspider-support] Starting listeners fails, new user problem solved :)

spatari at cc.hut.fi spatari at cc.hut.fi
Wed May 21 06:58:13 BST 2003

Hi,

Thanks Dirk and Ian for hints, yesterday I got the problem solved. In
installation I did follow only the Chapter 1 in the Installation document and
assumed I should get the cluster up and running, but Chapter 1 was not enough.
But then did look at the Chapter 4 about configuring the Listeners.pm file and
understood that I need to have it too. So I did the following:

1. Put the IP number (127.0.0.1) of lo (ifconfig) interface to DXVars.pm
2. Took # away from Listerns.pm --> [0.0.0.0, 8000]
3. Started ./cluster.pl
4. And the outcome was Internal port: 127.0.0.1 27754
   External port: 0.0.0.0 8000

Trying to log on the system with client ( ./client OH2LRE ) resulted in " Error
on connect to localhost port 27754 (101) " but managed to get in by typing:
telnet 0.0.0.0 8000

And it was time for a cup of hot coffee y cognac ;)

Thanks again, now I can finnish the set-up after 4 Months studying Linux,
AX.25, Soundmodem and DXSpider, GREAT!!!

73 de Simo OH2LRE