[Dxspider-support] AX25 Connects

Simon Ravnic simon at hamradio.si
Sat Nov 1 12:14:48 GMT 2003

From: "Klaus Heintzenberg" <dj6rx at t-online.de>

Hi Klaus,

> ax25.conf
> default  * * * * * *  - sysop /spider/src/client client %s ax25

> What changes do I have to make and where is the problem?

I would start to play with ax25.conf (for me its ax25d.conf) with the line I
pasted from your mail.

The format is:

Try changing the number for idle time by replacing the fifth * with some
value. Find a resonable number which is high enough but not to high when
user gets disconnected after a certain period. After each change you have to
save the file, stop the ax25d deamon and restart it. I use

/usr/sbin/ax25d -c /etc/ax25/ax25d.conf

to make sure that it gets the right config file.

I'm not sure if this is causing your problem but its worth trying.

73
Simon, S53ZO

-------
Simon Ravnic, simon at hamradio.si
http://lea.hamradio.si/~s53zo

"The opinions expressed in this email are strictly those of the author
 but he is a very good fellow so you can trust what he says."
-------