[Dxspider-support] anyone running DXspider on RH / FC systems?

N1OFZ n1ofz at arrl.net
Thu Aug 26 02:18:45 BST 2004

With SuSE (any version) AX.25 is loaded as a module and therefore does
not require a kernel recompile.  I usually do a basic install then run
YaST and load all the ham radio stuff.  SuSE is rpm based like RH, but
the difference is that they have lots of ham radio related stuff
already included in the distro.  I just did a quick count and there are
50 rpms under productivity/hamradio.

The advantage of SuSE is that I can do an install from scratch in about
30 minutes, have AX.25 and many radio apps up and running without ever
having to compile a thing.  While I don't mind compiling software (or
kernels) I think SuSE make it as easy as possible for the Windows user
that is trying out 'Linux'.

Dana
N1OFZ