[Dxspider-support] anyone running DXspider on RH / FC systems?

Fulvio HB9DHG hb9dhg at ticino.com
Wed Aug 25 19:56:15 BST 2004

Hi Andrea and all readers,

I used dxspider under RH 6.3 without problems in earlier 1998, then
tested all distro with kernel 2.2 .. and at the end choosed the Mandrake
distribution (now 9.0 but my test-side use 10.0) since 2000 that is really
stable ..
and of course I don't need to recompile the kernel.
It was also important to me .. to see that all the directory structured in
the RH distro
was the same on Mandrake. Suse use some different structure.

I tested more then one distro ... on more PC's, I've see some problems with
SUSE in all PC tested (Stability problems) :-(

Right know using, as said, Mandrake 9.0 under a PC 400 MHz PIII, and running
all
amateur radio services (http://www.hb9ok.org).

With DX-spider I found a GOOD (really!) sofware for cluster. It needs no
maintenance and
under Mandrake running fine. When I made some PC restarts ?? when CLX needs
some maintenance tasks :-)

All the best es gd DX

Best 73 de HB9DHG
Fulvio Galli