[Dxspider-support] Help Needed: New install on WinXP

David Spoelstra davids at mediamachine.com
Sat Dec 18 23:37:41 GMT 2004

> I did the "PPM" thing again, and was informed that (at least with
> 5.6.1) these packages were already installed.  So, I just went ahead
> and started things up and it all worked.

You need to go the directory where you installed Perl and delete the entire
Perl directory *after* you do the uninstall.  What happened is that you
previously installed Perl and then the optional packages.  You subsiquently
uninstalled Perl, but that doesn't uninstall the optional packages you
installed which live in a subdirectory off Perl and are *not* deleted by the
uninstall.  So, when you install a new version of Perl in the same directory
location, Perl automagically finds the packages you previously installed!

> Anyway, it seems that we're up and running, so thanks for the help,
> OM.

No problem!  Have fun!  If you think of anything else that might help
Windows users install or maintain DXSpider, please pass it along.

-David, N9KT