[Dxspider-support] Help Needed: New install on WinXP

Dave Hawes dave.n3rd at comcast.net
Sat Dec 18 22:49:53 GMT 2004

David,

I found the culprit...two versions of perl had been installed.

The box owner had installed the latest version, and then I had
installed 5.6.1 unknowingly.  There must have been a bunch of
conflicts.  So, I uninstalled BOTH of the perls, and started over
with just 5.6.1.

I did the "PPM" thing again, and was informed that (at least with
5.6.1) these packages were already installed.  So, I just went ahead
and started things up and it all worked.

I'm not sure I understand the PPM issue, though, as I didn't have to
do anything with the five additional packages.  This could be a point
of confusion for those who are trying to install on the older version
of perl....maybe.

Anyway, it seems that we're up and running, so thanks for the help,
OM.

73 - Dave N3RD