[Dxspider-support] DXSpider Enhancements

Lee Sawkins ve7cc at shaw.ca
Tue Dec 21 02:27:02 GMT 2004

My Windows user program when used with AR Cluster nodes does a couple of
the things that you are asking for.  It should be possible to modify it
slightly and do the same for Dx Spider.

On an AR Cluster node it first determine whether it has sysop
privileges.  If so, it can do a command that tells it what users are
connected to what ports.  The AGWPE must return which ports the users
are connected to.  It is just a matter of having this data passed along
to my program from Dx Spider as well.
http://www.bcdxc.org/ve7cc/default.htm#sysop

If it has sysop priviliges, once per hour my user program scans all the
unread private mail and compares it to the list of local users.  If
there are any matches, a talk message is sent to the user telling him to
read Msg #xxx.

If a user is also running my program this talk message turns on a big
red highlight telling him there is mail.
http://www.bcdxc.org/ve7cc/default.htm#notify

Lee VE7CC