[Dxspider-support] DXSpider Enhancements

Stephen J. Carroll scarroll at mchsi.com
Tue Dec 21 01:38:51 GMT 2004

I would like to suggest a few enhancements to this fine software. Perhaps
I'm just dreaming, but here goes anyway:

1 - The ability to have a different USER_DEFAULT file for "RF" and "TELNET"
users when they log into the cluster.

2 - While running the Windows flavor of Spider, it would be nice when I
issue the WHO command to see which AGWPE port the "RF" user is connected on
(instead of blank). At least the "TELNET" users show their originating IP
Address.

3 - A recurring identifier to the user when they have new Private unread
mail. Perhaps at the end of the command prompt (i.e. <Mail> ) that the
cluster sends to the user after 10 minutes of inactivity.

Something to think about...  BTW, it's cold in Alabama (10 degrees F) this
morning !!!

73, Steve - K2SC