[Dxspider-support] Routers

Brian n1uro at n1uro.com
Fri Dec 24 05:16:34 GMT 2004

For those using consumer grade routers (Linksys, D-Link, etc) and have
an ampr.org subnet they're having difficulties trying to tunnel, you may
wish to look at JNOS (linux) or MFNOS (DOS). After trying to tunnel ipip
through a D-Link that K2BJG/4 has, we discovered that since the unit
didn't recognize ipip, it was simply dropping the packets. I worked with
K2MF on the design of IPUDP which Maiko has ported to JNOS as a 'fix'
for the lack of protocols such devices filter by default.

K2BJG/4 has a static route going to his MFNOS switch, with a UDP port
forwarding statemet pointing to this IP, and full tunnelling to
44.98.17.5 has been operational since. I've also tested this through a
Linksys WRT54G router and it too is fine. The remote gateway client
system also works fine over IPUDP so that clients on dynamic IPs can
maintain static routing via IP instead of hostname services such as
no-ip.com, which K2BJG/4 is also doing off of the same ISP as K1XX/4 has.

Spam {n}: an entity using smtp via internet to force
          humans to revert back to paper, pencil, and postage
          for mail communications.