[Dxspider-support] Newbie troubleshooting node connect problem

DXSpider DXSpider at catcorner.org
Sun Feb 1 18:04:17 GMT 2004

I have an AK1A node connecting to my running dxspider program that is
experiencing miserable connection statistics.

I am running latest release of DX spider, and the AGW packet engine under
win98se. I connect to one node via the internet.

Then the node with the problem is connecting to me via an RF link through a
flexnet network. I also have indivudal users connecting up the same way (but
not as nodes, get it...). The users seem to work OK, if not great.

Confusing enough yet? OK, this problem node has return trip times of 999.
Kinda off the scale.

I am a bit of a neophyte when it comes to this, so I may not have included
everything needed to figure out what is going on. Anyway, where should I
begin looking for the trouble?

Thanks,
73 de Kelly