[Dxspider-support] Chat command + RCMD

Roland Huysentruyt,ON6HH on6hh at yucom.be
Fri Jan 2 11:33:59 GMT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: Robert Chalmas <rchalmas at users.ch>
Subject: [Dxspider-support] Chat command + RCMD

> Hi everybody,
>
> I just made a few tests by sending a chat to the VHF group.
>
> Then I did a SHOW/CHAT VHF on my node HB9IAC-8. I could see my chat
> together with several others.
>
> I did the same using RCMD with my link partner IK5ZUK-6 with
> similar results.
>
> But when trying with my other partner ON0DXK-5 the only chat line
> returned was one entered by ON6HH; no trace of my own chat.
>
> The main difference I see is that ON0DXK-5 uses version 57.242 while
> the 2 other nodes use V 57.245. Does it mean that the first version
> really handling the chat command is 57.245 ?

Hi Robert and Others

Yes,probably 57.242 may be the cause but I remark  the "announce  filters" are
limiting also the distribution of the "chat" because it stays a PC12 !
So we all have to clear the ann filters and that is not what everybody wants I think.

73
Roland
Roland Huysentruyt,Beatrijslaan 28,B 8870   IZEGEM , BELGIUM
tel  (32) (0) 51 303000  email : on6hh at yucom.be
packetmail on6hh at on0ck.wvl.bel.eu