[Dxspider-support] user_asc

Brendan Minish ei6iz at newsguy.com
Thu Jan 8 18:12:06 GMT 2004

At 10:36 08/01/2004, Dirk Koopman wrote:
>perl user_asc

Thanks, after a few difficulties I have moved EI7MRE to a linux box
complete with it's users and databases, now just need to get my head around
configuring a working node and AXIP link under linux .

A few gotchas in the install manual for linux

Shouldn't this be added to the section on perl modules in the install
section since presumably anyone installing these days will need these

To run the latest CVS you need to additional perl modules. The links are
below...

Storable-2.06.tar.gz
Log-Agent-0.303.tar.gz

---

from Linux install manual 1

The next step is to set the permissions on the Spider directory tree and
files ....

# chown -R sysop.spider spider
# find . -type d -exec chmod 2775 {} \;
# find . -type f -exec chmod 775 {} \;

Really should remind people to make absolutely sure that they are IN the
spider directory before running the 2nd and 3rd commands or they will
change a lot of privileges that they didn't mean to...