[Dxspider-support] Permissions

Jim - KC4HW jim at kc4hw.net
Sat Jan 10 00:43:20 GMT 2004

Some how the permission have gotten screwed up on my DXSpider.  All
was fine, until I accidently bumped the reset switch on my 7.2 Red Hat
with 2.4.18 kernel, DXSpider V1.49 build 56.953

Now I am getting a series of error messages that indicated that the
permissions are denied at /spider/perl/DXLog.pm and
/spider/perl/Spot.pm and /spider/data/spots/2004/010.dat  etc etc.

I have discovered that the permissions for these files are set for "root",
which when changed (chown) to "sysop" will work properly.  But maybe
for that one day, then when days are changed (ie to 011.dat) then the
permission will be set for "root"??

Anybody got any help here??

Thanks
Jim Johnson, KC4HW