[Dxspider-support] Unique beep sounds

charlie carroll k1xx at cfl.rr.com
Fri Jul 2 22:12:15 BST 2004

I remember a couple of past messages from sysops looking for a different
sound (beep) to be played for talks, announces, spots, etc.  Well,
here's something that you might consider.  HOWEVER, you must be using
Windows (!!) for your telnet client.  Go to:

http://www.dxc.ve7cc.net/#download

and download a copy of Lee's ARCluster User program.  This program was
originally intended for users who connect to ARCluster nodes.  Recently
Lee has been modifying his program for use with DXSpider nodes.  You can
configure Lee's program to produce a different sound for talks,
announces, spots, etc.  At this point, I believe most of the
functionality, except for band filtering, is working for DXSpider.

73 charlie, k1xx/4