[Dxspider-support] Chat Filter

Lee Sawkins ve7cc at shaw.ca
Tue Jul 6 02:06:32 BST 2004

Perhaps this is something Dirk could solve.

Maybe by modifying the internode PC12 protocol messages that are sent
between nodes.   That way the messages could hopefully propagate to all
Dx Clusters, not just Dx Spider.  It would require coordination between
the various cluster authors to make it work for their software but I
don't think it should break anything if they don't do anything.

The PC12 messages (announcements) have a flag that is 0 for "to All"
announces and 1 for "Wx" announces.  I don't think this flag is used for
anything else.  What I propose is for it to be set to say 2 for "named"
announces.  This "name" would replace the "*" in the PC12 field that is
used for "pc node call" in AK1A software.  It is the second field of the
PC12 message.  I believe this field is always "*" now.  This name could
include such things such as "IOTA" or anything else.  The nodes could
process these PC12s and send local announces "To IOTA" or whatever.

While we are at it, why not have a flag of 3 and use it for a sort of
broadcast talk message.  The "name" field would have the call of the
destination.  When a node matches this call with a local user, it would
then send him the message and not send the PC12 to any further nodes.
This may help eliminate some to All announces.

Something for Dirk to look into in his spare time!

Lee VE7CC