[Dxspider-support] Problems merging

Rick Morris ve3kyg at rac.ca
Thu Jul 8 02:37:11 BST 2004

Hi all,

Thanks to all that have offered to let me connect to their node.  I have
created connect scripts for two nodes and I have defined both nodes as
set/node spider. I can now connect to a the two nodes but when I try to
merge the spots from my node as sysop, I get 'Invalid command' from the
node on which I have connected ( I see this in my spider logs.)  This
has happened when I have connected to two separate DXSpider nodes.
Also, I do not seem to be getting any new spots as they are created.  I
can see them in my spider log, but when I do a show/dx on my local node
I don't see them.  Do I have to configure anything else?

Also,  I notice that I can create databases.  The admin guide does not
explain why I would want to create them.  Could someone please enlighten me?

Thanks & 73,
Rick

--
Rick Morris - VE3KYG